Thursday, June 7, 2012

thank you.

I would like to take some time and thank my friends for last night. So this may not seem like a post anyone else is interested in. But I thank them for taking me to dinner and making my night special. For Mandy, Rachel, Zoe and Kelly taking time out of their day to make my day special. Dinner was delicious! Kelly the gifts were wonderful, and I am also very thankful for the kind words you wrote in the journal. Zoe, oranges and chocolate are the best and you know me to well. From putting on Taylor Swift to dancing to ldr, you know everything I like. Mandy, for being able to see you for the first time in forever and spending time with my crazy ridiculous self. Rachel, for wanting to go home and listen to ldr, that made my night, for being there these last few years. To kelly's mother, for the delicious cake! To Natasha, for trying to come home to me today, the best thought ever. And I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Though we all may not be able to see each other often, our friendships do not change. At the end of the day, we can pick up right where we left off. Through all the high school to college transitions our friendships have remained. I wish Zoe the best in Corvallis next year, she has many new exciting adventures to come, and a new life awaiting her, though I will miss her, I am also so exicited for her to show this world what she's got. To Kelly, going to California tomorrow, to try something new, I'm glad that you are taking chances and going on a big adventure that you've always wanted to, enjoy it all! And I can't wait to spend time with you when you get back. To Rachel, coming to the UofO next year! Let me be the first to welcome you to what I call home! So excited for your biggest life transition yet, and the big girl decisions you have made lately, are going to take you exciting and new places. To Mandy, for working so hard these last few years, I am proud, from your great work ethic, to your dedication for your education, you are making it through and it's amazing! To Natasha, I know you were unsure about what this next year is to bring, but I know it all has a reason and you are going to impact lives, it's beautiful and I'm so glad to call you my friend. Here's the last quote from One Tree Hill, that I think is very fitting and it is my wish for every single one of you who is reading this:

" It's the oldest story in the world. One day, you're seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly without you really noticing, someday is today, and then someday is yesterday. And this is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing, but ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good, dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish, and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle's gonna come from. The next memory. The next smile. The next wish come true. But if you believe that it's right around the corner...  You open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it. You just might get the thing you wishin' for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it?: Good. Now believe in it.With all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment