Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh My Goodness.

So here's the deal I have this issue when others say "oh my gee oo dee". I can't even write it that's how much it bothers me. Every time I hear someone say it I cringe. I guess for me that word carries a lot of weight. It's not just another word. I means something and it describes an authoritative position. And for that reason when others say it flippantly I hate it. And if I'm going to say I hate something you know I mean it. But I feel this word is supposed to have strong meaning and that we should only use it when considering the Lord or discussing His ways. With this said I understand why those that don't believe say it, it doesn't have a meaning for them. And at some point I have to say I'm okay with that. The reason being, is that when a non believer does or says something I don't agree with I can't think to myself that it they really shouldn't be doing that. Though they shouldn't to us those are held under different expectations. I can't expect them not to say it because there is no reason to them that they shouldn't. However when someone has the faith and says it. I'm sure they aren't aware of what's going on. But truthfully we should be. We need to consider our words and we need to stop using our words as daggers. I really think that's how they can come off. I hope that at some point we can consider this, and decide that instead of saying it we save that for the glorification of Him. Speaking of a non believer I remembered this good ol' song that I heard on the wonderful OTH. (This also has the great brucas moments).

La Rocca- Non Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment