Friday, June 8, 2012

Scotty McCreery.

I have no idea why I keep writing about Country singers. But for some reason I think their life stories have great meaning and need to be heard. I was first interested in Scotty when I saw him win American Idol in 2011. His voice was so similar to Josh Turner's (another amazing country artist with a very low voice). This last winter I also went to a Brad Paisley concert where he opened the show. Right then and there I knew there were so many special things I needed to learn about him. So of course I went online and learned all I could. The first thing that touched me was that this high school senior (who happened to graduate yesterday on my birthday!) was that he posted his testimony on his fan web page. Never in my life have a seen a singer put something like that out there for the world to see. A review of his testimony would be that he grew up in a small town in North Carolina named Garner. His family has gone to the same small town baptist church since he was born. When he was 12 he committed his life to the Lord. He grew up to sing in church, school musicals, and play baseball. In his junior year he entered American Idol and won. My favorite part of his testimony would have to be about his faith throughout this process of new fame, "Being away from home for such a long period of time, many would think my
relationship with Christ might suffer when in fact it has grown stronger day by day. I've been away from my home church and all of the people I've grown up with so Christ has been the only one I can lean on when times get tough. This Idol experience has been the time of my life but there have been days it has been so tough that I wanted to throw in the towel and head home. Then I'm reminded of my favorite verse, Philippians 4: 13, "I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me." Jesus has gotten me through this journey so far and He continues to do so every day! He's there for all of us! All we have to do is call on Him." He has had some real growing up to do in this last year, but continues to mature gracefully in everything he does. I can't wait to see what he does in the future, he will be making an impact I'm sure. This next fall he will be attending North Carolina University, and you have no idea how many times I have thought about transferring there (in all seriousness). As far as his music and voice are concerned he is amazing, you cannot tell how young he is when he sings he honestly sounds about 30. Here are some of my favorites..
Scotty McCreery- Please Remember Me
Scotty McCreery-That Old King James
Scotty McCrerry-Water Tower Town

In addition to this Scotty hype, I thought I would mention Phillip Phillips. Phillip won this past year's American Idol. He is fabulous and different. What I really love is how personable and humble he is. He does his own thing and loves being himself. This guy is great and if you check him out on twitter you can see all the random interaction he has with his followers. A very cool laid back guy. And is so Dave Matthews. Here is a performance during the show, and his first single. It also has this Mumford and Sons vibe.


Phillip Phillips- You Got it Bad (Usher's song)
Phillip Phillips- Home

This is Scotty congratulating Phillip after his win. Don't you think they look so much alike? It's just too too good.


No comments:

Post a Comment