Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Rain.

Normally rain isn't my thing. That's something Natasha loves. And sun is my thing. But I have this special place in my heart for summertime rain and thunder storms. I love everything about it. Though, I feel the rain is ruining the trials and I feel sooo bad for the visitors ( we don't make much of an impression do we?). But there's nothing like a good summertime rain. To think, to nap, to cuddle with bunnies, and to be sappy. I love being sappy when it's raining. I find myself putting on some Taylor Swift or some Louis Armstrong. I think about life, love and aspirations. Rain is perfect for a cup of coffee and some deep thinking. Maybe a time to work on our spiritual lives, or a time to fix a broken relationship. Either way I feel as if rain is a time to repair ourselves and lives. A break from the busy days just to stop, think, and hopefully change for the better. Because really the only change I think we should ever be interested in, is to change our selves for the greater good, to show the love the Lord has for all things. I think this rain storm has brought me some thoughts so I decided I will share them. I feel I need to open up with others and smile more. This week I have found my interactions lacking, I haven't given my full attention to others as I should have. With that I vow to say hi to others more often and inquire about their lives. Since I believe relationships are the most important thing I should actually demonstrate that in my own life. I also have found myself to hold back. There are many times when I find myself quiet around others. Which isn't always a bad thing but I know that I need to speak up and make an effort to talk to those around me. Hopefully this post or the rain has brought you some reflection on your own life, what you can work on. Let's give love to all those around us, let's vow to make this actually happen. Here are some songs about rain (I'm pretty sure they might all be country), but take the time to listen to them and reflect on who you'd like to be tomorrow.

Clint Black- Like the Rain
Gary Allen-Songs about Rain
Trisha Yearwood- Georgia Rain
Eli Young Band- When It Rains

No comments:

Post a Comment