Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Challenge.

Since you are reading this you are obligated to participate in the challenge. I think we all need a little prompting from time to time, so here's what we need to do. Throughout this next week let's actually inquire about someone's life. And no I am not just talking about how have you been? what's your summer look like? Oh no I'm asking us to do more. We need to ask those around us specific questions. Perhaps about something they were doing this last year. Let them tell you all about it, every aspect they remember. I think we need to give those around us the chance to speak and  open up with us. This is obviously something we need to continue doing. But if I ask for us to find someone to talk with this week, I have a feeling it will happen. You might remember this in your next conversation and then hopefully it can become a pattern in our daily lives. We will be the caring friend when no one else will listen. We will be the loving ones that others want to spend time with. We can make a difference and spread it around to those we know. So here's to making an effort with those around us. A real effort that means we have to listen when they talk and pay attention. Let's be better friends and family members. Let's do what we are called to do. Because if we don't  then what good could we possibly be doing in the world. I vow to try harder with wanting to hear the stories of those around me and I hope you do too. Here's a perfect, bubbly summer song.
Brandon and Leah- Life Happens

No comments:

Post a Comment