Friday, November 22, 2013

Country At Its Newest.

Because I know you've been begging, well not really. But you want some help navigating the waters. So here I am at your service. To be real I'm going to start off with some oldies, because they are the best and everyone needs a true foundation. Today's country, is well.. different.

Hank Williams Jr- Family Tradition
( I really do need to introduce you, so yes the old goodies are necessary, I love old country!)

Johnny Cash and June Carter- I'll Fly Away
(Yes, all for the Lord yes)

Johnny Cash and June Carter- Jackson
(Yes they are wonderful, love them)

Dolly Parton-Jolene
(Yes and Yes)

Hank Williams Jr- A Country Boy Can Survive
(Please and Thank you)

Merle Haggard-Momma Tried

Waylon Jennings- A Good Hearted Woman

Willie Nelson-Always On My Mind

Clint Black-When I Said I Do
(My childhood, but seriously)

Garth Brooks- The Thunder Rolls
(Can I be five again?)

George Strait- Check Yes or No
(My brother used to sing this to my mom all the time, sweetest thing I've ever recalled)

Toby Keith- Should Have Been a Cowboy
(Everyone needs to love this, otherwise how will we relate?)

Alan Jackson- Chattahoochee
(The fact the title is a real world, speaks volumes)

Brooks and Dunn-Boot Scootin Boogie
(When they were still together and going strong)

David Lee Murphy-Dust on the Bottle
(He wasn't around for long but this is a classic)

Travis Tritt- Best of Intentions
(The 90's were the best of times)

Collin Raye- Little Red Rodeo
(I'll marry whomever knows all of this, not even possible, I'm moving to the south)

Clay Walker- If I Could Make A Living Out of Loving You

Diamond Rio-Kissable, Huggable, Lovable, Unbelievable
(Seeing them in concert was a dream come true)

Aaron Tippin- Kiss This

Jo Dee Messina- My Give a Damn's Busted
(My mom always said it was okay to cus in song lyrics)

Shania Twain-Any Man of Mine

Faith Hill- The Way You Love Me

Deana Carter- Strawberry Wine
(Always a favorite)

Trisha Yearwood- She's in Love With the Boy

Martina McBride- My Baby Loves Me
(Also a dream that came true when I saw her)

Reba McEntire- Fancy
(She's Number One)

Reba McEntire- That's the Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
(This is powerful, beyond one's way of understanding)

Vince Gill-When I Call Your Name

George Jones- He Stopped Loving Her Today
(RIP my friend, also this song is out of order)

The Judds- Grandpa Tell Me About the Good Old Days
(This song gets my heart, I love this)

Pam Tillis- Maybe It Was Memphis
(Also blessed to see her)


Tanya Tucker- Two Sparrows and a Hurricane
(heck yess)

Mindy McCready- Ten Thousand Angels
(Rest in peace, love)

Lee Ann Womack- I Hope You Dance
(This song taught me how to really live, it really spoke to me as a child)

Tim McGraw- Don't Take The Girl
(Seriously)


John Michael Montgomery- I Swear
(My childhood and parent's wedding song, so there's that)

Alison Krauss- When You Say Nothing At All
(all of this, all of these songs, are so great, dying over here)

Jamie O' Neal- She's Somebody's Hero
(Because this made me cry as a child)

Rosanne Cash- Tennesse Flat Top Box
(For real thought, love love)

Lee Ann Rimes- Life Goes On

Dolly and Kenny Rogers- Can't Make Old Friends
(Because these words need to be known)
 

John Anderson- Straight Tequila Night

Restless Heart- When She Cries
(An honor to see them)

Patty Loveless- I Try to Think about Elvis
(Also need to hear How can I help you Say Goodbye)

Mary Chapin Carpenter- He Thinks He'll Keep Her

Jessica Anderws- Who I Am

Sara Evans-Born to Fly

Blake Shelton-Austin

Kenny Chesney-There Goes My Life

Billy Currington- Walk a Little Straighter Daddy


Randy Travis -Three Wooden Crosses
(so important)

Brad Paisley- He Didn't Have to Be

Carrie Underwood- Jesus Take the Wheel

Mark Willis- Don't Laugh At Me

Alan Jackson-Remember When

Steve Wariner- Two Tear Drops

Sawyer Brown-The Walk
(My first concert at five, thanks mom and dad)

Blackhawk-Goodbye Says it All

Little Texas- What Might Have Been

Alabama- Dixieland Delight


Alan Jackson-Blue Ridge Mountain Song
(This man is pure country, and he is still going strong, this song is beautiful lyrically I mean most songs are but this is more touching than the rest, tissues ready)

Craig Campbell-Out of My Head
(He's had some hits, and they are wonderful, loving this completely)

Eric Paslay-Friday Night
(He is also new and this is his first single, great so far)

Jon Pardi-Up All Night
(These newbies are giving country music a run for its money)

Jake Owen-Days of Gold
(I always love this man and his hair, oh and his songs too)

Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert-We Were Us
(This is a combo I've never thought of and yet it is golden)

Cassadee Pope-Wasting All These Tears
(A Voice Winner, Blake Shelton sure knew what he was doing, she's wonderful and this song is a good break up one)

The Band Perry-Don't Let Me Be Lonely
(How did I not know about this the day it came out? LA LA LOVE)

Dierks Bentley-I Hold On
(The manly man song you are missing in your life)

Danielle Bradbury- Heart of Dixie
(Another Voice winner of Blake's, she's young, fun, and got some great vocals, woman power song)

Joe Nicols- Sunny and 75
(This man has been on the scene for over 10 years now, and he is so underrated, listen to more!)

David Nail-Whatever She's Got
(He is always great, and this is pretty darn cute)

Luke Bryan-Drink A Beer
(Okay if you've known someone who has died, or have yet to experience that, this song is a necessary listen, get them tissues)

Zac Brown Band-Sweet Annie
(What isn't to love about them, this is pure magic)

Jennifer Nettles-That Girl
(This is her first solo single, and it is great)

Chris Young-Aw Naw
(How can you not love)

Scotty McCreery- See You Tonight
(Soul mate, need I say more, it's that voice that gets me every time)



The Henningsens- I Miss You
(They've had one great hit so far, and let's just add this to the list)


Parmalee-Carolina
(They are fresh on the scene, and I'm diggin' this to the fullest)


Eli Young Band-Drunk Last Night
(Saw them they are good, they continue to surprise me with awesome, because it seems unexpected)
Thomas Rhett- It Goes like This
(He is newer and a little know fact he is Rhett Atkins son, so that's pretty great)

Florida Georgia Line-Stay
(They in no way are overrated, they are great, and I think it's great everyone loves them and they are coming to the home city so that's exciting!)


I could post so much more, but this has to be it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment